Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good and Bad Sightseeing

I am very tired tonight. We went to many of the important cites in Old Jerusalem. The Garden of Gethsemane was my favorite place because I could imagine Jesus praying there the night before His crucifiction. My least favorite was the Church of the Holy Sepulchure. This is the tradional place where Christ was buried and rose from the grave. Sadly, it is filled with idols. The people kissed the suppossed slab that Christ was laid on to recieve a blessing. They bowed before the tomb and worshipped it. I cannot explain the anger that filled my heart. Here are people who recognized Jesus as Messiah,yet they are worshipping idols. I understand that we all struggle with types of idolatry but I cannot believe that people would bow and kiss a stone. I felt a holy anger and had to leave the place. I have never felt like that before. I can't explain it but I felt defiled when I left. Pray for those who know Jesus as the Messiah yet do not worship Him. We are not to worship idols made with human hands but we are to worship the risen Christ because He alone is worthy of our worship.
Mike

No comments: