Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

I know it's a little late in the day. 8:23pm to be exact, but I've been thinking all day about what to say in this post. I decided not to go with pictures because I did that last year.[Check it out in the May 2007 archives.] So here it goes:
What can I really say about my mom that would do her justice? She does so much for me and the rest of my family that I don't even realize. I can never say "thank you" enough for all the things she does for us, but I'll try. She cooks for us almost every day and let me tell you, it's never bad! She puts hours into looking for recipes, planning meals, shopping and cooking the actual meals. She is the most hospitable person I've ever met. She loves to entertain, to make people feel welcome in our home. No one does it better than her.
She home schools all three of us girls. That, in and of itself, deserves its own blog post! Lindsay, Emily, and I are not always easy people to teach, yet she has patience and mercy on us. She gently guides us through our learning and pushes us when we need it. She is so dedicated to God's plan for our family's education and ,for that, we are eternally grateful.
My mom is godly. She loves the Lord and to study His Word. Every time I see her studying God's Word, it makes me want to study more to be like her. She shows me my selfishness in every day life and always puts the focus back on God and not on me. She is an amazing mother, teacher, wife, and my very best friend. I could write pages and pages about her, her goodness never seem to end. Praise be to God for giving me such a wonderful and godly example in my mother. I love you Mom, Happy Mother's Day!


Psalm 139:13-14 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.

Provers 23:25 Let your father and your mother be glad, And let her rejoice who gave birth to you.

1 Timothy 2:9-10 Likewise, {I want} women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.

Titus 2: 3-5 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, {to be} sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored.

No comments: