Monday, July 9, 2007

Sleepover!

This past Friday, Lindsay and I had a friend from church who's going to camp with us, Sloan, over for a sleepover. We had a great time playing DDR, watching movies, playing flashlight hide and seek, and making a very interesting cake!




For those of you who aren't up on gaming abbreviations, DDR stands for none other than Dance Dance Revolution! We recently got it for our XBox. Lindsay is the best at it, her hands are even involved.













Sloan has DDR for her Playstation, she was better than she let on!












I played too, but I have to confess, I failed three songs before passing!













Dad tried to one-up us on the game. The TV shook so hard when he jumped that we had to hold it !

















Here is a close up of the sleepover cake we made. The base is a chocolate 13x9 cake covered with frosting. The bodies are Twinkies, the heads are vanilla wafers, and it's all covered with frosting, sprinkles, and kissables. Sugar rush, anyone?[L to R : me, Sloan, Lindsay, and mom who is singing!]



The three of us with the finished product! We celebrated our achievement by eating our heads and the cake surrounding them. We had such a great time we'll have to do this again.

4 comments:

Brian and Cara said...

What a fun cake!! Ahhhh, I miss you guys! It is a little sick to be eating your own head, but cute anyway. I especially loved LINDA'S! Love, Cara

Anonymous said...

hey girl! i miss you guys so much! when are you guys coming to KY??? we def. should hang out. well, i just now figured out how to leave a comment, lol. oh and i think its kinda funy you guys have a new friend sloan......"sloan, do you love me?" haha good times. lylas! jenna

Anonymous said...

AWW....DDR HOW I MISS THOSE DAYS IN THE FERGS BASEMENT WITH KYLE THE CAT. I AM SNEEZING ALREADY...I AM NOT STARING AT YOUR ONE BIG EYE!!! HA HA MISS YOU GUYS!!!! Ashley Walker

Anonymous said...

What a cake! You guys are quite the chefs. I'm glad that you had a good time.
Love you and miss you,
Mamaw & Papaw