Friday, April 20, 2007

More Art- Bugs and Japanese Masks

Wow it's been a long time since I posted! We haven't really done anything exciting lately. Anyway, as promised, here is some more finished artwork: In my last art post, I showed you Emily's Celestial Mask. Two weeks ago, Lindsay and I brought home our Japanese No Theatre masks. Lindsay's mask looks a little small for her face...







And mine is even smaller. Maybe I just have a really big head!


















Here is Emily's bug mobile. We're looking for a place to hang it up. All of the art classes have been focusing on insects the past few weeks.













Lindsay and my class had to draw, with pencil, a detailed over sized drawing of an insect. We then took a toothpick in special black ink and went over it to give it dimension. This is Lindsay's drawing of a silverfish.



This is my drawing of a dragonfly.
We love our art classes and will be sad when they're over for the year!

3 comments:

Granny & Papaw said...

We love the pictures that you all are doing in art class, but we love it more just to see your smiling faces! Chelsea you do a great job with blog!!
We can't wait to see you in May!It seems like years since we saw you last.

Aunt Cathie said...

Cool Art Class is really fun and Emily I LOVE that Bug Mobile!

Anonymous said...

We have some real artists in the family.
Good job guys!!!
Mamaw & Papaw